What about an awards event ?

Quote · 2195 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I have long been concerned that there is not an industry-wide event where ordinary punters can vote for their favourite ski TO, ski shop, ski website etc etc...

Surely Snow Vole should take this forwards?  After all it is:

• Ski Related
  • Novel
  • Opportunistic
  • Welcoming
  • Helpful
  • Educational
  • Aspirational
  • Democratic
  • Success-rewarding

What do the voles think?

Stoatsbrother: isn't stirring a little beneath you perhaps.

Skirep:  You haven't been keeping up with the lonely and sad thread... there's very little beneath him. Wink

Stoatie, how long did it take you to come up with that acronym? bet it was hours.

if your such a big fan of snowheads why don't you stay there with the other 19 old farts?

Quote · 2194 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Skirep, given that someone linked to the management here was closely involved with the 'other site' for some time, didn't exactly cover himself in glory during that time and now appears to have transferred their allegiance without even a 'goodbye and thanks for all the fish', I think this site was a little naive if they didn't expect the incident to be mentioned.

Isnowhead - it is true I worked for snowHeads for over two years but I was NEVER actually employed by them but worked as a Freelancer with no fixed contract, so when I was approached by the owners of SnowVole to work - yes it was an easy decision.

I am sorry if you feel aggrieved that I didn't say goodbye but as I never seemed to liked on sHs wasn't aware I would be so missed. Perhaps there are so many here I can now say goodbye to you on snowHeads and WELCOME to SnowVole

Skirep - no surprise, surly and unfriendly lot over there. I mean you make ONE slightly out of order post, while just a tad under the influence, and you're labelled for life. Nincompoops!

Skirep, well that at least is an honest response - I don't believe you got a rough ride because you were not 'liked', but you did seem to misunderstand the way the forum worked and maybe that approach didn't endear you to some of forum regulars. Similarly today's approach of deleting the word 'Snowheads' on SV also appears to have created the wrong initial impression.  Honesty seems to work better though Laughing fingers crossed that you can make a success of this new role.

Thank you ISnowhead Vincent did explain why we initially took away the references and if that upset ANYONE then I am sure Vincent is very sorry.

I do understand social media very well I have worked in media nearly 15 years the problem I had was I didn't grasp just how little sHs dislike advertising and a commercial element which pays for social networking and for misunderstanding you all sorry another reason why I hope things will work out here for me

SkiRep  I'm just wading through that thread over there, all 19 pages of it. I'll let you know my verdict at the end of the month. Wink

As far as I am concerned - the more forums the better - and good luck with this one.

However - the deleting of the word snowHead everytime it came up was silly. I doubt whether anyone believes Vinny's explanation. Most will think that you wanted to censor mention of a competitor or were being petulant. And it was doubly weird since, until this morning, you had a thread expressly welcoming snowHeads...

This... and  Mr Keith's "Awardsfail" over on sH do not show great sensitivity or understanding of the way social media work. Good luck with this in the future, but you need to see what you actually have here, and let it grow organically. When there is so much competition, a didactic top-down approach alienate the punters faster than you can say "SCGB Chat"

Forums Home