Forums  ›  Technical  ›  Servicing

DIY Ski Service

Quote · 2198 days ago · 0 people like this ·

So is it really worth doing it yourself? Does anyone know of any courses & qualifications that are available in the UK? I tried the wax & edge but didn't want to mess up my punishers just to find out I ws being a twat!

Maybe some of you are ski tech trained? ever considered doing some training?

Questions Questions.....

Quote · 2119 days ago · 1 people like this ·

Servicing your own skis/boards can be a highly rewarding experience whilst also potentially improving the performance and life of your gear too. Can be quite therapeutic too!

Boot Camp Ski & Board Technician Training offer courses all year round - www.bctt.co.uk and offer a good foundation.

Or get hold of an old pair of skis/board from a dryslope by asking nicely, and practice at your own pace.

Hope this helps.

ScottyDog

Owner/Ski Tester - Edge & Wax Wintersports - West Sussex www.edgeandwax.co.uk
Quote · 2082 days ago · 0 people like this ·

We'd agree with Edge & Wax and we have also produced some helpful hints and tips videos that you can check out for more info

Quote · 2065 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hi

its worth doing yourself and not that hard, check out www.skituning.co.uk, you will learn everything you need to know, Jon does a half day course that will suit anyone looking to give their gear some TLC Smile

Quote · 2047 days ago · 0 people like this ·

So is it really worth doing it yourself? Does anyone know of any courses & qualifications that are available in the UK? I tried the wax & edge but didn't want to mess up my punishers just to find out I ws being a twat!

Maybe some of you are ski tech trained? ever considered doing some training?

Questions Questions.....

Hi there, The whole area of servicing can seem daunting at first. Once you get the hang of things and start putting theory into practise, it becomes a little more natural.

We run ski technician courses over three days ( invidiual days are available ) covering the basics to advanced servicing, and additional boot fitting training. Our training courses have been running for the last 27 years and in that time we have trained up a few thousand technicians.

Please look at the link below for more information. Hope this helps!

http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/training/

Regards

AT

Quote · 1987 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I am really pleased this subject has been raised, a few years back I learnt to do the very basics like a regular hot wax and basic edge sharpen, the only time my skis go into the service store now is when the base needs a good grind down.

I would recommend anyone thinking of taking up doing their own ski servicing to do so it will save you a heap of cash in the long run which can go towards that bar bill or lift ticket Wink

Forums Home