Boris WHERE ARE YOU?

Quote · 2102 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Wheres Boris?

Lurking in a better class of bar. This one is too plastic!Wink

I think you'll find he's on one of his many bikes on the way to Question Time at City Hall?

Of help?

Time for Boris to expand his business and open a drinking establishment hereCool

Fighting with sticks I suspect

Still no Boris?

To be fair you have only just arrived - lol BTW this a "Serious Social Networking site for skiers & boarders" not a social chit chat place there are other mediums for the social chit chat think such the telephone and IM

Friendly too.

We hope it will be of course it a place to interact, meet and discuss snow-sports. I certainly hope you will be able to provide with value insights from your experience's Laughing

Quote · 2102 days ago · 1 people like this ·

I will try.

Firstly, I recommend buying a balaclava if skiing in minus 30.

Only wear one pair of socks, and do not buy tube socks.

Ski holidays are not cheap, accept this and enjoy them.

Yes you are dead right a balaclava and I would never go anywhere without my nice neck buff

I think it is good that the riff raff are kept off this site, and can entirely understand why a new forum would want to discourage the "wrong sort" from posting... after all - it's only traffic and money - and commerce is just so lower middle-class.... Wink

And it is good to see that posts with the word ********* in them are deleted... Those horrible people were so unkind to Mr Keith... so I am not surprised he "likes" this new site

http://www.facebook.com/PowderBeds/posts/354333741253656

Oh dear... hmmm.... there are two henchmen coming towards me and I think they have my ip address and in a minute they are going to cut off my co....

nnection....

I don't know.  Is there nowhere a grrl can go without running into a bunch of internet weirdos (oh, hang on, that would be somewhere outside t'interweb, right? :-)).

Gosh, this looks like a friendly place... except for the riff raff Stoatsbrother person.. who let him in? ;-)

Hello, any chance of a drink here ?

Well has anyone managed to get snow and heads together in one sentence?  Seems a bit petty to me obviously they feel the need to ban the opposition - I don't think that's been done on any other other snow networking sites that I'm on.  Can't have a lot of faith in their product if they can't stand a bit of competition.

Half a shandy please barman.

Well has anyone managed to get snow and heads together in one sentence?  Seems a bit petty to me obviously they feel the need to ban the opposition - I don't think that's been done on any other other snow networking sites that I'm on.  Can't have a lot of faith in their product if they can't stand a bit of competition.

Perhaps it's linked to a guilty conscience? Leaving a whole bunch of really excited and hopeful snowHeads (just testing to see if it's allowed) high and dry without an awards ceremony?

Besides, I've seen the ski club mentioned on this forum without being deleted. So it would appear that there is some forumism going on here.

Why should the Ski Club not be allowed to be a mentioned? do people have a problem with the Ski Club?

Snowheads

So the ski club can be mentioned but snowHeads (with a far larger forum) can't?

Care to explain that one skirep?

Ski Rep - Ski Club of Gt Britain? no, I don't think so, but as far as I can tell every reference to Snowheads has been summarily deleted, so why is SCGB allowed to stand - it is as much a competitor to this place as SH's is yet Snowheads is deleted and SCGB is allowed to stand.

Look we are a very different proposition to both snowHeads and the Ski Club of Great Britain, if people want to use snowHeads thats where they should be not here, if people want to use the SCGB site and be members that is great too.

We are open to everyone a NEW fresh place with different ideas a place where people and can come and start again a place with a different view. If you are happy with the "same old" then stick to it if not come and be a part of our community as well (no reason why you shouldn't be a part of both) but if you want to do is come here and run us down and encourage members to go elsewhere, well that's not, nice, right or what this place is for!!!

I'm sure all this is perfectly true skirep - but you haven't answered the question that has now been posed to you twice.

For clarity:

Why are you/the mods/admin of this site deleting all references to the snowHeads forum, but not the ski club?

That is clearly an issue of double standards and we would like an explanation.

Perhaps you could clarify.

im_a_snowhead  -  I am not an admin or a moderator here I am just a humble employee. VincentTheVole will reply to your question and we will be posting a listing for SnowHeads.com in our business listings this afternoon  as well as the Ski Club of GB

Ok Guys and girls,

Snowheads is one of the largest (30k+) and oldest (8+) forums dedicated to the winter sports we all love! Most of us here at SnowVole have contributed and used SH’s as a resource over the years, and continue to, and long hope it continues!!!

What we’ve tried to create here at SnowVole is a site to allow you the snow enthusiasts, to come together, interact with each other and help you get the most from any adventures you decide to embark on. The forum was not seen to be the be all and end all of the site, and we thought the more interesting functionality of ability create and manage your own groups (with whatever privacy settings you wish including the ability to host you own forum) would be of more interest. Perfect in bringing together and communicating with your fellow holidaying parties.

Along with the groups you also have the ability to add, share and comment on photos, videos and even post your own blogs.

Yes we have have been removing the mention of Snowheads but that was purely as a courtesy to them. Given people were so quick to see us as another forum, we did not want to start receiving traffic from the likes of google, bing etc when people searched for SH’s, until the difference in the sites was undertood.

We will cease from this removal and leave the volume of time SH’s is referred to, up to you the users. After all we are just trying to provide a useful resource, and if our users find it useful to reference SH’s all is good.

I hope we can all hang out on the slopes in harmony and many of you come to utilise the functionality we’re trying to provide, as for me, I think it’s time to take shelter in a cellar, and hope someone’s left a leaky barrel of beer unattended,

Vince the SnowVole

p.s. im_a_snowhead, I hope this answers your question and apologies if we've made you feel at all unwelcome, it was not our intention at all.

Forums Home