Forums  ›  Gear  ›  Ski Hardware

Advanced piste skis

Quote · 2193 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I have Scott Missions. Very happy with them, both on and off piste. My carving has advanced recently so I'm considering getting some dedicated piste carvers. Looking at Head Supershape. Any others I should be considering. Or should I be considering dedicated piste skis at all and just stick with Missions?

Note - I'm a 3-4 week a season skier, so will only be carrying 1 set to and from resort, so a 1 ski solution is highly desirable (hence the Missions).

Ta.

Quote · 2191 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Demo all you can. It may be worth a call to Andy at storm skis. He makes some great piste carvers. http://www.stormskis.com/shop/performance/

Quote · 2121 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I have Scott Missions. Very happy with them, both on and off piste. My carving has advanced recently so I'm considering getting some dedicated piste carvers. Looking at Head Supershape. Any others I should be considering. Or should I be considering dedicated piste skis at all and just stick with Missions?

Note - I'm a 3-4 week a season skier, so will only be carrying 1 set to and from resort, so a 1 ski solution is highly desirable (hence the Missions).

Ta.

Got to say the Head iSupershape Titans are one of my all time favourite piste skis, which considering they are 78mm underfoot sounds odd (i.e. wide) but they simply are on rails even if conditions are changeable, the Titan would be a very safe purchase. As Dotty says some of the Storm skis do get good feedback too. There is just something about the Titan, the way it exits turns is something else, just find a wide empty blue or red and just go for it! Easy to demo in resorts too, sells out early every season too, which is normally a good sign (If annoying for us when we can't get more!)

Hope that helps. I have owned the Missions (3 years ago) and it is a great ski, I think it is 90% at most things so very versatile. The Titan is a 100% carving monster! You wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Here is my review: On YouTube

ScottyDog

Owner/Ski Tester - Edge & Wax Wintersports - West Sussex www.edgeandwax.co.uk
Forums Home