This week Silver Swan are looking for x2 Chalet Managers for a luxury chalet company in Morzine in the French Alps . . . .
Interested? Read on for more information . . .
As Chalet Manager you will be working as part of a small team running an exceptional chalet. You will be supervising and working closely with the Chalet Host, Chalet Chef and Driver making sure our standards are met at all times. You will also be the main point of contact for the guests, dealing with their requests and requirements and ultimately being responsible for the daily overall smooth running of your chalet.
This is a diverse and extremely challenging role, totally hands on and with the main emphasis on customer service, so if you thrive on delivering a top class product then this position could be for you!
WHAT SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ARE REQUIRED:
WHAT ABILITIES AND QUALITIES ARE REQUIRED:
- Professional attitude: retaining our company’s ethos at all times, highly professional with a 5 star mentality
- Customer service orientated: providing the highest levels of service, a wanting to constantly please and takes pride in their team and chalet
- Strong people skills: able to quickly build rapport and easily establish relationships with guests. Able to relate well to different types of people; listens
- Guest focussed: puts the guest first and is committed to please them. Works hard to meet guest needs and look after their interests
- Attention to detail: a natural perfectionist, highly passionate about cleanliness and tidiness, smart in own and team’s appearance
- Leads by example: creates and manages a happy and effective team
- Team player: fits in with the team. Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues. Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure: able to react well to change, can work quickly when needed but not missing the importance of quality standards
- Organisation: forward thinking, able to prioritise and prepare in advance, highly flexible and proactive
- Reliability: excellent time keeper, follows direction from the company owners, committed to the role and completing the season
- Driving skills: confident, careful, considerate and law abiding.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Ensure that your team carry out their roles according to our exacting standards always following company procedures
- Effectively supervise, nurture and oversee your chalet team, leading by example
- Work in an open and honest way with the team; give and receive feedback, constantly review performance and hold effective weekly staff meetings
- Deal with any initial guest and staffing problems effectively and efficiently; always notifying the company owners
- Report to company owners immediately any matters relating to damage, health and safety, food hygiene
- Work closely with your chalet team so as to ensure that all our guests benefit from the highest possible level of service
- Develop and maintain close relationships with guests each week, keeping them well informed and updated on any relevant information, carrying out any requests and helping to make their stay the very best holiday experience
- Check regularly with party leaders that they have everything they need
- Be proactive in identifying and recommending opportunities to enhance guest satisfaction
- Tailor service to individual guest needs and requirements – children, special occasions, any special requests
- Develop and maintain good relations with all existing/new suppliers such as the lift pass office, ski schools, restaurants and bars
- On changeover days work with your team to ensure guests departing and arriving are considered and welcomed professionally
- Feedback to company owners immediately any problems or concerns
- Daily housekeeping, evening turndown service, changeover cleans, deep cleans at the beginning, mid and end of season, daily laundry duties and other necessary cleaning to ensure the chalet is presented to the highest standards both inside and out at all times
- Lay table, serve full breakfast, afternoon tea and children’s tea
- Serve pre diner drinks, canapés and a four to five course evening meal in a formal dining environment
- Hot tub checks and ensuring the log book is maintained and complies to legal standards
- Take responsibility for the collection of monies from guests
- Complete, accurately and efficiently, all paperwork and administrative duties as and when necessary to ensure effective running of the chalets
- Liaise with company owners on a regular basis to discuss and assist with guest requirements, details and bookings
- Managing your chalet budgets in conjunction with your chef, ensure all food receipts are collected from the chef on a weekly basis, checked and handed to the company owners
- Responsible for issuing guest lift passes and any ski school vouchers
- Manage stock levels
- Manage chalet variable costs(i.e electricity, heating)
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- A rewarding and stunning work environment
- Good standard of accommodation (wi-fi access where possible)
- Food during working hours
- Full area ski pass (Portes du Soleil)
- Equipment Hire
- Comprehensive training
- Travel to resort from UK/Ireland at the beginning of the season and back to the UK/Ireland at the end of the season.
- Laundry facilities
If you are planning on coming to work in the Alps for the winter season be prepared for long hours and hard graft however this will be more than balanced out by the Alpine surroundings, meeting like- minded people and skiing some of the best powder that the Alps have to offer.
Should the position of Chalet Manager be of interest to you and you have the skills and commitment we require please send your updated CV, covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role and a recent photograph of yourself to email@example.com.